Welcome to Washington Heart Rhythm Associates, LLC
We are a group of specialized cardiologists in the field of cardiac electrophysiology, dealing with heart arrhythmias. Cardiac arrhythmias, or rather, heart rhythm disturbances, include a broad range of supraventricular and ventricular arrhythmias mentioned below and discussed in further detail in our patient educational pages. As "heart rhythm specialists", we are here to serve the communities of the greater Washington DC area, including Maryland and Virginia. Our main office is in Silver Spring, MD.
The purpose of this website, in addition to introducing ourselves and the services we provide, is one of education directed to our patients. This website is designed to be browsed by particular heart rhythm disturbances and therapies.
To provide state-of-the art consultative, diagnostic, and interventional electrophysiology services for the population of the greater Washington DC area, including Maryland and Virginia, who are referred for management of heart rhythm disturbances. We provide a full spectrum of diagnostic and treatment services tailored to our patient's medical needs in both an outpatient and inpatient setting, as detailed below.
Services and Procedures
We specialize in:
- Placement of permanent pacemakers
- Placement of implantable cardioverter defibrillators for life-threatening ventricular tachyarrhythmias
- Placement and management of cardiac resynchronization therapy devices (Biventricular devices) for medically-refractory congestive heart failure
- Lead extractions (including the use of laser extraction techniques)
- Invasive cardiac electrophysiology studies for invasive evaluation of problematic or life-threating cardiac arrhythmias
- Cardiac arrhythmia mapping with expertise in 3-Dimensional Electroanatomic mapping systems including Biosense CARTO and ESI NAVX.
- Radiofrequency catheter ablation of complex arrhythmias including: supraventricular arrhythmias, pulmonary vein isolation for atrial fibrillation, scar and non-scar based ventricular tachycardia ablation including epicardial approaches. Expertise with cryoablation and irrigated ablation catheters.
- Outpatient medical management of supraventricular and ventricular arrhythmia disturbances including atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, AV nodal reentry, Wolff-Parkinson White (WPW) syndrome, long-QT syndrome, sudden cardiac death, and ischemic and nonischemic ventricular tachycardia.
- Atrial fibrillation clinic with medical management and catheter ablation
- Ambulatory monitoring with 24-hour Holter ECG monitoring and Event monitors
- Head-up tilt table testing
- Electrical cardioversion